Sunday, June 13, 2010

Slant

Three weeks too late, but better late than never, I post my few-and-far-in-between pictures at Slant Festival. I will say now that I am not at all a film/music festival junkie (only time I ever attended SXSW during the years I lived in Austin was when my brother, JP Chan, screened one of his films there), and I will probably never try to be. However, after that weekend, I now have a new appreciation for what independent musicians and film makers do.






The above pictures are taken inside the venue. Yes, they feature lots of graffiti art, raggedy ann dolls, and paintings that will make you think twice. I have to admit that I myself was a bit skeptical about the whole event at first, especially since the venue was in the sketchy part of town - not to mention, it being named Super Happy Fun Land. However, after watching a handful of films on one night, listening to Goh Nakamura's amazing vocals another night, and topping it off by attending PJ Raval's workshop the next day, I quickly became a fan of all the above.

2 comments:

L said...

In July, one of my favourite NOLA bands is playing Super Happy Fun Land. You should go. If I am in town, we're definitely going.

L said...

Forgot to link: http://www.quintronandmisspussycat.com/